Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Prom Jewelry

I mentioned yesterday I spent ALL day on Saturday shopping for prom and Easter. This may sound like fun for most moms shopping with daughters......not so much for me!!!! My little one is super easy to shop for she is a girly girl.....loves all the things that I love!!!
My oldest (16) loves hunting....and camo......and things like her father......(ewwwww yuck)!!!
So I'm taking a girl out prom shopping who
A. Hates to shop
B. Hates dresses
C. Is either not picky (to fault)
or too picky
Hmmmm, this is NOT going to be good!!!
So, she decided she wanted to borrow a dress because she wanted to buy cowboy boots (to wear for prom)
O K
So we borrowed a dress......
Found a necklace.....(for $1.00).......

I purchased the necklace for myself but, it looked wonderful with her dress so I went back and bought 2 more of the same......made earrings and a bracelet......Total investment.....
Necklace.....$1.00
Necklace to tear apart and make earrings, bracelet.......$1.00
Earring hooks......$2.00 
1 Extra necklace.....(just in case)......$1.00
 Not bad so far. I'm trying to be a good mom and save some money.
Thought I would make her a custom flower for her hair......
Bought a roll of nylon mesh for $2.50.......and made this flower.
 So, she wanted boots......she bought boots.....nice boots....but they were missing something. I took leftover necklace parts and made jewelry for her new boots. Made teeny tiny flowers.........everything matches!
 Not bad for a weekend project!!! Total cost.....
Boots.....A Lot
Jewelry.....$5.00
Flowers.....$2.50
It looks pretty good I think......except she tries on the dress doesn't like how it fits......(and I see her point). So now we are shopping for another dress.....or alternative. She's keeping the boots but, EVERYTHING ELSE is up in the air
(on the bright side I have a matching bracelet and earrings to go with MY necklace....tee hee hee)!!!!
Gotta love teenagers!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful accessories and what a bargain huh? Isn't it fun to have teenage girls, you get to share some outfits with them and vice versa. Enjoy these days! My daughter has now moved out and I miss those days, although just last weekend when we met up, she took my lipstick, so I guess it never ends.

    Have fun looking for the perfect prom dress.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those accessories!! Thanks for stoppping by my blog today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gгeat blog poѕt and ԁefinitely helpеd clеar mу bгain a
    bit

    my blog post fvphilo.uzh.ch

    ReplyDelete