Friday, March 25, 2011

House Building 101


This is an update of the house the Wyoming County Votech house is building. I just so happen to be a student in the class. I know go figure ME building a house!!! I put my work boots and tool belt on every day and go to school!!! It's still funny the way people look at me when I tell them!! My intention was to take pics every Friday and update you on the progress.....(we see how well that worked out)!! But here is the grand tour in all it's glory!!!!

  The living room ....this is the room I am responsible for. I've helped construct this room from floor to roof.
I've hung drywall, textured the walls and ceiling, and painted everything!!! The far wall will be stone...that is next weeks lesson!!!

In addition to the stone wall the ceiling is a wonderful feature!!!


This is the view walking in the front door. The kitchen will be on the left and the dining area on the right.

After walking in and facing the kitchen there is a small hallway this is the laundry area and back door.

Continuing down the hallway you come to the master bedroom (on the left).
Both bedrooms feature walk in closets.

                   Master bathroom.......notice the ceramic tile floor. The master bath will have double sinks.
 

                                                                            The shower.

                                  Please excuse my pictures being out of order.....it's been a long day!!!!
                                     Here is the view back through the hallway to the dining area.


                                       The kitchen. Someday it will have cabinets and a large island.

                 The front door and coat closet (see the tile.....I helped lay that and it was grouted today)!

                                                                         The hall bath.

 

                         And last the second bedroom. It's located at the very end of the hall.
You can see it's a construction area. It's amazing to take part in building a home!!! We will be trimming all the doors and windows, laying hardwood floors, installing cabinets.....lots of work left do.
Thankfully it's Friday....pulled a muscle yesterday.....poor me!!!!!

Linking up for My Romantic Home's Show & Tell Friday!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word!! I am so impressed! I am such a wimp - I could never build a house (well maybe a birdhouse). The ceiling is beautiful! You are a pretty handy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing is for sure, You'll always know how to build a house if you need to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful project to be a part of....and now, just think.....you can build your own home :)
    jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great that you are learning a trade such as this. Seems it is progressing right a long. You really will be proud when it is done realizing yu h ad a hand in its finish.

    ReplyDelete