Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Best Makeover Yet!!!

Are there times when you picture what a project will look like? Well, I kind of knew what I wanted, but wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do. These are the candle holders I picked up at the Salvation Army for .49 each. I began by removing the mirror and spray painting the frame (cardboard and all) black. Then I gathered all these items.....1 sheet of scrap booking paper from a yard sale (.10). White copy paper, the mirror (I removed), 2 letters (to trace), and jewels ($1.00 from Dollar Tree).

Long story short I traced the mirror on to the pretty paper, cut out 2 ovals. Traced the letters on to the copy paper, cut those......


Glued them on with stick glue. Then finally, placed the jewels with a dab of hot glue!!!





I can't believe how great they turned out....sometimes I amaze myself....(just kidding)!!! They are going in my daughters room.....I'm thinking I should have kept them for myself!!!!



5 comments:

  1. LOVE , LOVE. I can never figure what to do with those. I think I'm going to steal, not, borrow, your idea. Blessings, Marta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great transformation you did on these candle holders. I enjoyed your blog and seeing what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! Amazing! I would have never thought to do that with them. You sure are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crystal,
    Those mirrors turned out so pretty...what a great idea!
    Rene
    THANKS for the visit to my place and your sweet words...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so darn cute! And for 98 cents?? Unbelievable! You done good girl! *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete