Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baby Shower On A Budget!

I was so excited when an aunt asked me to help with her DIL's baby shower! All that looking at blogs has paid off!! I'm always so inspired by others! I went to Dollar Tree for stickers, scrap booking paper 1/2 off of .59. Leftover foam for the letters...........Items for a banner and tree decor. I also wanted to make faux cupcakes! These are the items for those: foam, curling ribbon, baby carriages, and leftover items from other projects.
I bought tissue paper from Dollar Tree for these roses....thanks Sandy for a wonderful tutorial!


I went outside and cut branches, places them in a vase filled with rocks. I used tulle to wrap around the vase. I cut out squares from the scrap booking paper and hung little clothespins on it!


Here are the cupcakes! Faux cupcakes for table decor....I love the black!





These are the colors in his room....We get a combination shower banner....room decor!



All these decorations on a serious budget!!! I hope I remember to take the camera so you can see the finished product in action!!!!






7 comments:

  1. I love all of it. Great job, you got your create on! I can't wait to see it all set up. Don't you just love all the free ideas available on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal:)

    How clever you are. They came out great. The new mom will be so excited when she sees how special she is to have had something so personal and pretty done for her.
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, especially the way you used the tree branches! Perfect for decorating with a tight budget. I'm sure the Mom to be will be happy to see your crafty ideas at the baby shower.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a very good job on your decorations. I am sure the shower was nicer because of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my sweets this is just adorable and very inspiring. Love it.
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment. Really no, I wish they would all sell out. The beach candle and tag sold out before I even had a price on them. I am hoping to sell enough to buy a new sewing machine with a ruffle foot and a new printer. SELL BABY. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects turned out great and I know the mom to be has to be excited about all the cute things you added to the shower. How sweet of you to help out.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete