Monday, April 25, 2011

Outdoor Project

This is a project I have had on "the list" for a while. It's just been finding the time. I bought this old book at a bag sale. So honestly it cost nearly nothing. I ripped every page of the entire book out and sat and strung pages on a piece of jute.

 This is the end result!! I love the way it turned out....my first try too!!


I had been thinking for a while this spot on the front of my house would be the perfect place for this quilt rack!

 I added some spare greenery, a birds nest,  and added this little plaque into and old coal bucket. The bucket has a rusty bottom....but who will ever know?


 I added several different things to the top of the shelf. I can see it changing frequently!!!


Well, this is spring break....I have lots of cleaning to do!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about trying to make one of those garlands..I even bought an old dictionary to try it. I love the way yours turned out!! Great outdoor decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!!
    Love the coal bucket with plant and book in it too.

    Thanks for visiting my place.
    regarding trim: I'm actually SELLING it for $15.00.
    Want some fringe trim?

    Blessings on your day

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete