Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Helped Build It Myself!!

Linking with Cindy at My Romantic Home today!
I've wanted to go to school for years now. The problem was I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up. Sounds strange ....I know. But my master plan was to get married....check. Have kids.......check 2 times. Then what??? I didn't think that far ahead. After daughter was in high school and the other was in second grade I thought about what I wanted. I decided I wanted to attend a vocational school! Wow, what a big step. Something just for me! Well, husband lost his job and plans got pushed back a year. Disappointing but what can you do? Began school the end of August. Finally, after an entire school year taking building & construction this is the finished result!!! Our class built a modular home on site at school! I've learned a lot at school!

The opening from the living room to the kitchen, pick your battles with your instructor! Counter didn't fit so we got a new one....very happy. Paint color, chose a different color then he picked something else...it turned out anyway. I loved doing the tile back splash! Thinking I can put one in my kitchen....eventually!
Big picture of the kitchen.............really like installing hardwood floors.


Installing a fireplace....easy!


I love the tray ceiling in the living room.........although I never want to do another one ever again!

Love the garden tub in the master bath.........tile is fun but messy!




Here is the house. I helped build the floors, walls, and roof.
I tell people all the time I've learned just enough to get myself in to trouble!!

Open House is today! I'm very proud of our hard work!!! Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. Crystal, that is amazing!!!! I'm absolutely thrilled at you taking such awesome classes! You rock. What a wonderful role model you are for your daughters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Congrats to YOU for going back to school! :) If I EVER go back I want to go to learn FRENCH!!!! lol That will probably never happen, but you just never know.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is amazing! I am so very proud of you, I thought when I was younger i wanted to be a teacher and mommy etc... well, I too am a mommy and wife...but I never thought I would be a professional junk hauler/ flea market dealer! Hugs and congratulations and thank you for stopping by!
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun!!!! you should be very proud of yourself...what out house, everyone is going to fall in love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you the clever one! Now think of all the wonderful DIY adventures you are going to have for the rest of your life because you can do it!

    Scribbler
    http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete