Friday, March 26, 2010

Bargain Basement Lamp

This is a lamp I bought on a trip to Hillsville, VA. The entire town is a flea market. I saw the lamp and assumed it was too expensive. I asked anyway and it was $2.00! Can you believe it??? These shades came with another set of lamps. I bought solid pink, white, and polka dotted ribbons on a roll. I glued the ribbons and then added a button (for some sparkle) clearance from Wal-Mart. I also added the trim on the bottom. Another clearance find but from Michaels.
Here's another lamp. It came with a shade but, I like this one more. My husband was nice enough to purchase this one for me for my birthday last year. Isn't it beautiful?
It's my favorite lamp!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful redo and a great bargain lamp! Wow, $2.00!! You can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming over from My Romantic Home and I must say that is the best looking $2 lamp I have ever seen! Nice find! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute lamps! What a great deal! I like your blog, and I will be sure to come back. I could only see two of your pictures because for some reason most pictures aren't downloading in blogger today for me. It makes visiting posts a little tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal, what a deal! You made them look spectacular! I'm signing up to be a follower. I'm a Christian too! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Shabby Fab deal!! Love it!! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your comments!!! I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous deal on the lamp! Don't you love finding treasures for a steal?! And wonderful redo, looks darling.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete