Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Black & White Photos

I was having some decor issues one day. I couldn't find artwork that I really wanted (or could afford). After a lot of thinking, I decided on photos. I love black and white photos. The old ones especially, have a dreamy quality to them. They look glamorous in their own way. Each one seems to tell a story.

All of them have been gifts. My mother copied pictures of her parents, aunts, and uncles for me.

For Christmas one year I asked my dad to copy a stack of photos belonging to my grandmother. I'm really glad I did. Not only do I have all the photos I wanted but, now that my grandmother's gone I have a lovely memory to hold on to. We sat looking through boxes and boxes she telling me stories and explaining who people were and how they were related.

I just don't think there's anything more romantic than black and white photos weddings, army, childhood, and babies I love them all!




No comments:

Post a Comment