Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank You Mary!!!

Mary thank you sooo much for the great idea!!! http://megardengal.blogspot.com/ I've taken the pumpkin idea to heart and here is what I began with!!! Close you ears and eyes if you own a sweater like this....but....ewww yuck!! I purchased these at a sale for .50 each and this is just the tip of the iceberg....I bought a lot of them...lol! These are some of the wanna be's! They're not quite there yet.....


Here are 2 of my favorites!! I love them sparkles and all!! I decorate for fall not Halloween but how cute are these???

Another set! This sweater had the fringes on the ends of the sleeves already. I wish you could see bling in the center of the bows. After the cost of .50 for each sweater I figured I have all of about .25 in each pumpkin. I used stuffing from an old pillow for the bottom....plastic grocery bags for the filling.....yarn and twine from around the house.....tulle from a yard sale bag of stuff....The only things I actually purchased were the gems and I did pay $1 for a pkg. of 150 at the Dollar Tree!!! Woo Hoo!!




I'm so excited!! I think I may be ready to come back!! I have lots of treasures to share this week!!!




4 comments:

  1. How cute!! I especially like the girlie ones in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo HOo! good for you!! So glad you made some of those cuties!! Weren't they so fun to make and they each have their own little personality! Kindof makes you want to name them!!

    Love the little tulle on the last ones!!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got oodles of old sweaters!! Iam gonna make me a pumpkin!! Hope all is well with you!! Missed ya! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea-looks simple enough that maybe even I could do it-great way to recyle old sweaters!

    ReplyDelete